Languages

Losing Weight: The Secret Of My Success



I don't know about you, but I have always thought of losing weight as a very hard thing to do. That's probably because I had never done it before, and I pictured hours and hours at the gym. I worked 80 hours a week, after all, I had no time to lose weight, or so I thought. I didn't think I had any time to take any weight off, but finally my doctor told me that I needed to lose weight or I was in serious health trouble. I didn't really believe him at the time, but all the same I decided it was time for me to lose weight.

What did I do next? That's a great question. The first thing I did was figure out how many calories I could eat in a day. I did that with my doctor. Then, I went home and threw out all the junk food I hate in my apartment. That must have been about $200 worth of food! I only kept foods with ingredients I could easily pronounce. I had read earlier that if my grandmother wouldn't recognize the ingredients, that I shouldn't be eating that food.

Then I figured out how I was going to eat at work. Because I worked so much, I ate a lot of fast food and restaurant food. I didn't think I had time to cook so much, so what I started doing at first was making myself sandwiches to take to work with me. A ham and cheese sandwich had about half the calories of the burgers I used to get, so that helped a lot. I love bananas and almonds, so I started bringing bananas and almonds to snack on.

Next, I figured I would have to start doing some exercise, which I generally dislike. I knew I would have to do it, so I took it upon myself to find exercises I really liked. There are hundreds of different programs out there, after all! I ended up getting involved in Zumba.

For me to do that, I had to make sure I wasn't working on those days. That was a hard decision for me to make, but I knew that I had to do it for my health. In fact, as time went on I started to feel better and better, which made me work more efficiently, and I now only work about 40-50 hours a week doing the same work.

I also made sure that I got as much sleep as I could. When you're working upwards of 14, 15 hours as day, that can be tough, but I made sure I didn't waste time in front of the television and went to bed as soon as I could. That seemed to help, and I heard that research was showing that people who don't get a lot of sleep are more likely to be obese. I made sure that stopped happening to me.
I ended up losing about 100 pounds in a year, and I'm thrilled.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Receive All Updates Via Twitter

Are you Awesome? Legend has it that Awesome people can and will share this post!
Losing Weight: The Secret Of My Success