We all know that fruits and vegetables are essential for good health, but many of us do not know exactly what benefits we can obtain from them. Specifically, the nutrients that can be derived from them are largely unknown to many people. What most of us only know is that fruits and vegetables are good for health.
Nutritional and Health Benefits of Fruit and Vegetables
- - Fruits and vegetables are very rich in vitamins and minerals that are needed by the body for good health and for long life.
Amazingly, almost all the essential nutrients needed by a person can be had from eating fruits and vegetables.
- - Fruits and vegetables are very rich ion fiber. Eating fiber is good to keep the weight in check and it is also good for keeping the digestive tract clean.
- - Even if you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you will not bulk up. This is because fruits and vegetables are low in calorie despite being packed with vitamins and minerals.
Also see on Best and worst foods for your teeth
Importance of Fruits and Vegetables
- - The importance of fruits and vegetables to the body is that it helps the body’s immune system become stringer with the presence of nutrients.
- - Fruits and vegetables can be made into various dishes. In the case of fruits, they can be made into healthy snacks.
- - Many people cannot go their day without fruits and vegetables. Fruits are commonly eaten as deserts or appetizers and vegetables are known to complement rice, meat, and fish.